- An early battery comparison between the Galaxy S21 Ultra, iPhone 12 Max, S20 Ultra, OnePlus 8 Pro, and Xiaomi Mi 11 shows promising results for Samsung.
- The new S21 Ultra, powered by the new Exynos 2100 chip, outperformed all other Android handsets, with the iPhone 12 Pro Max lasting the longest. Except for the iPhone, all phones support 120Hz refresh rates.
- The S21 Ultra’s performance indicates the Exynos 2100 platform will not be plagued by the same issues as the Exynos 990.
A week ago, Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 series, with the three phones already available for preorder in several markets. The handsets feature top of the line specs and offer the best possible Android experience in early 2021. The phones pack brand new processors meant to rival the iPhone 12’s A14 Bionic, including the Snapdragon 888 or Exynos 2100 (depending on the market). Both platforms are built on the same 5nm process as the A14, with Samsung promising the new Exynos will be a lot better than the S20’s Exynos 990 that was heavily criticized last year. Aside from offering a faster performance across the board and new capabilities, the 5nm chips that will power Android phones are also supposed to be more energy-efficient than before. That said, the Galaxy S21 phones will feature 120Hz displays, which can eat up more battery life. Once the Galaxy S21 phones become widely available, we’ll see all sorts of tests that will measure their performance, battery life included. But an early battery test for the Galaxy S21 Ultra is already here, teasing great performance.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- 10 awesome Amazon deals for Prime members only
- Amazon’s big Apple Watch Series 6 sale has the deepest discounts of 2021
- This foldable 4K camera drone is only $60 thanks to a double discount at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- These are the only 5 states where coronavirus cases are still surging
- This vegetable was just recalled because it could be dangerous – make sure you throw it out
- Here’s what Dr. Fauci thinks about Biden’s coronavirus vaccine plan
Early Galaxy S21 Ultra battery life test offers promising results originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 07:31:30 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.