- February is a particularly lackluster month for Netflix, which doesn't have many hotly anticipated titles set to premiere over the course of the month.
- It's particularly disappointing when you consider the fact that Netflix just raised the prices of its top two subscription plans just two short months ago.
- Anyone looking to see what else is out there should definitely check out Tubi, a completely free streaming platform that just announced its February release schedule.
Any Netflix subscriber who has scrolled through Netflix's February 2021 releases list will tell you that next month is a fantastic month... to spend some time checking out other streaming platforms. Netflix hiked the prices of its two top subscription tiers just two months ago in November, and the timing couldn't have been worse. November itself was a pretty weak month, though things picked up a bit in December and January. February will see Netflix reverse course yet again, however, because the hotly anticipated releases are few and far between.
Where Netflix original movies are concerned, there are two in particular that stand out. I Care A Lot could be the new movie of the month. It stars Rosamund Pike as a grifter who swindles elderly people out of their life savings by becoming their legal guardian. Next up is Malcolm & Marie, which stars John David Washington as a director whose relationship with his girlfriend, played by Zendaya, hits a rough patch as they wait for the critics’ reviews of his first film. Beyond that, it doesn't look like there's much else to get excited about — check out our earlier coverage to see all 45 Netflix originals coming in February 2021.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: $12 Amazon smart device, $2 face masks, $70 soundbar, $45 4K action cam, more
- These $1.16 NIOSH N95 masks at Amazon are available for anyone to buy
- Today’s best deals: NIOSH N95 masks, AirPods blowout, $60 Instant Pot, $12 Amazon smart shelf, $9 wireless charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- Dr. Fauci just revealed the side effects from his second coronavirus vaccine dose
- Do you have any of these coronavirus symptoms? CDC says go to the hospital now
- This stimulus check calculator will help predict the size of your check from Biden
Our favorite Netflix rival is releasing 44 new movies in February – and they all stream free originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 12:05:07 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.