- Responding to Mike Pompeo’s recent claims that the novel coronavirus might have accidentally escaped from a Wuhan lab, China pushed back with its own conspiracy theories targeting the US.
- A spokesperson for China’s foreign ministry said the biological lab at Fort Detrick should be investigated as a potential source of the coronavirus pandemic.
- There is currently a WHO team in China investigating the origins of COVID-19, but it has not been more than a year since the Wuhan epidemic started.
In one of his last official acts, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last week that the US has reason to believe the novel coronavirus pandemic may have started as an accident in a Wuhan lab, urging WHO officials to investigate the matter. Pompeo didn't offer any proof when making the claims, which may have represented Trump’s final attempt to place the blame for the pandemic on China. But that was not the final episode in the blame game between the US and China, as the latter has now responded in kind. With two days of President Biden’s inauguration, Chinese officials began pushing their own conspiracy theory, claiming that the US is actually responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- 10 deals you don’t want to miss on Saturday: $12 Amazon smart device, $2 face masks, $70 soundbar, $45 4K action cam, more
- These $1.16 NIOSH N95 masks at Amazon are available for anyone to buy
- Today’s best deals: NIOSH N95 masks, AirPods blowout, $60 Instant Pot, $12 Amazon smart shelf, $9 wireless charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- Dr. Fauci just revealed the side effects from his second coronavirus vaccine dose
- Do you have any of these coronavirus symptoms? CDC says go to the hospital now
- This stimulus check calculator will help predict the size of your check from Biden
China now claims that the coronavirus pandemic started in a US lab originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 23 Jan 2021 at 09:01:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.