- Israeli company StoreDot mass-produced the first electric car battery that can reach a full charge in just five minutes, or as long as it takes to fill up gas and diesel cars.
- The battery would require much higher-powered chargers to reach full capacity in five minutes. With current infrastructure, the batteries could deliver 100 miles of range in 5 minutes.
- The batteries, which could fix “range anxiety” issues that electric cars cause, are currently being sampled by interested companies.
There’s a growing interest in electric cars right now, as everyone in the industry is looking to compete with Tesla. One of the most exciting companies in the race is Apple, which devises both the software that will power self-driving cars and a brand new battery technology that would increase mileage.
While Apple isn’t commenting on speculation about its car, other companies in the industry are ready to share their innovations. And it looks like the biggest problem with electric cars might have been fixed. Batteries that can recharge in 5 minutes might be what finally brings electric cars to the mainstream.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Your cable company will hate us so much for telling you about this $59 box at Amazon
- This foldable 4K camera drone is only $60 thanks to a double discount at Amazon
- Meet the $12 Amazon smart gadget you never knew you needed
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s when your new $1,400 stimulus check might arrive
- Study says Pfizer vaccine immunity is so strong, it might prevent COVID-19 transmission
- Common activities you should rethink because of the new coronavirus ‘super strain’
This electric car battery recharges as quickly as you can fill a gas tank originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 19:17:46 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.