Red lipstick will suit you, if you find the right one. Plus, skincare for pigmentation problems, and body treatments to make you glow
I accept – as sacrilegious as it is – that some women simply don’t like red lipstick. What I won’t accept is that it doesn’t suit you. They come in a plethora of undertones (orange, pink, blue, wine) and textures (matte, velvet, satin, glossy) and somewhere, there, trust me lurks your ultimate red lip. I could do a “how to choose” – a bluey-red will make your teeth look whiter, a pencil stops the colour from bleeding – but ultimately, like relationships, you may have to try a few to find the right one.
1. Givenchy Le Couture Edition No 304 Mandarine Bolero £32, debenhams.com
2. UOMA Beauty Badass Icon Matte Lipstick in Sade £21.50, selfridges.com
3. Mac Lip Pencil in Ruby Woo £14, maccosmetics.co.uk
4. Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte in Altressa £70, net-a-porter.com
5. Laura Mercier Rouge Essentiel Crème Lipstick £26, spacenk.com