- The coronavirus mutation that originated in the UK is in the U.S. and has already been found in dozens of states.
- The new strain is incredibly contagious and is already spreading rapidly in California and Florida.
- The new strain isn't deadlier than the original and isn't believed to be more resistant to existing COVID vaccines
Late last year, researchers in the UK discovered a coronavirus mutation that is far more contagious than the original strain. Researchers believe that the new COVID strain is largely responsible for the UK seeing a massive spike in coronavirus infections over the last few weeks. The new mutation eventually made its way to the U.S. and has already been found in more than a dozen states.
Looking ahead, some experts believe that the UK strain will become the dominant strain in the U.S. as soon as March. In the interim, there are two states where the new COVID mutation is spreading at a worrisome clip: California and Florida.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- These $1.16 NIOSH N95 masks at Amazon are available for anyone to buy
- 4 awesome Amazon device deals you definitely don’t want to miss
- Today’s best deals: NIOSH N95 masks, AirPods blowout, $60 Instant Pot, $12 Amazon smart shelf, $9 wireless charger, more
Trending Right Now:
- Do you have any of these coronavirus symptoms? CDC says go to the hospital now
- Dr. Fauci just revealed the side effects from his second coronavirus vaccine dose
- Coronavirus vaccines and mutations: New studies deliver good and bad news
The new coronavirus mutation is spreading rapidly in these 2 states originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 22 Jan 2021 at 17:59:11 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.