- An iPad mini 6 render based on purported leaked CAD designs indicates that Apple might launch a brand new iPad mini design soon.
- The iPad mini 6 in the render features a totally new display design — for Apple, at least — with a hole-punch camera at the top and a bizarre Touch ID sensor in another cutout at the bottom.
- Apple's new iPad mini would be powered by the same A14 Bionic chip from the iPhone 12 series and the iPad Air.
Last September, Apple proved that it can still surprise iPad users when it launched an iPad Air refresh like no other. The tablet features a large 10.9-inch display with symmetrical bezels, just like the iPad Pro. Instead of Face ID, the tablet came with a feature unseen on any iPhone or iPad before, a Touch ID sensor built into the power button. Add to that the A14 Bionic chip that also powers the iPhone 12, and the iPad Air seemed to be an even better deal than the iPad Pro.
Apple is widely expected to refresh the iPad Pro next, and it's expected to receive two major upgrades: a mini-LED screen and 5G connectivity. But the company will also refresh additional iPad models this year, as is the case every year. If the following leak is accurate, then Apple might soon roll out what would turn out to be the biggest iPad mini refresh in years.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Get a massive 120-inch home theater projector screen at Amazon for $24
- 10 awesome Amazon deals for Prime members only
- ESPN+ has Conor McGregor’s return to the Octagon for UFC 257
Trending Right Now:
- Stimulus check update: When will you get the $1,400 that Biden promised?
- Want to catch a glimpse of Uranus? It’ll be very easy tonight
- Biden just made face masks mandatory in each of these places
I desperately want this iPad mini 6 design leak to be real originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 21 Jan 2021 at 15:43:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.