Samsung is one of the many companies with exciting flagship smartphones that always leak long before the planned official announcements. For years, we’ve known everything there was to know about the latest Galaxy S and Note flagships weeks before their Unpacked press events. Leaks usually start a few months before the show, and they cover everything we want to know. The designs, specs, new features, and pricing usually leak from separate, well-informed sources, and by the time announcements roll around, we already have a complete picture.
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 respects the same rules of engagement. A large number of leaks told us all of the phone’s secrets, including a feature we’ve been waiting for years to see on smartphones. The new foldable is expected to be Samsung’s first phone with an Under Panel Camera (UPC), which means the lens is under an active part of the screen that displays content when the camera is not in use. Now, a new discovery indicates that Samsung has given UPC tech a lot of thought, and we might see it in all sorts of devices down the road — including Samsung’s first phones with rollable screens.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Oops! Prime Day’s best-selling smart home gadget is still down to $17
- Robot vacuums start at $90 for Prime Day, or get a Roomba for $200
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- Crazy wireless camera that lets your phone see anywhere is still down to $29 at Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- This new Windows 11 feature is already making people so angry
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- iPhone 13 isn’t even out yet and Apple fans are already complaining about the weirdest thing
Samsung might be working on a phone unlike anything else in the world originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 23 Jun 2021 at 15:26:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.