Huawei unveiled its new version of Android during a digital event in June. HarmonyOS will be compatible with a large number of existing Huawei products, and while it doesn’t appear to be anything other than an Android fork, it’s the operating system Huawei will use on its devices to replace Google’s AOSP Android. Neither will run Google apps, as Huawei is still on the US entity list, preventing it from doing business with US companies.
Huawei addressed the US ban at the same show, where it teased the new Huawei P50 series. We expected the flagship phone to have been launched in stores by now, but Huawei admitted that it has struggled to bring the device to market. Huawei seemed determined to launch the P50 Pro, and a new leak from China indicates a potential release date for Huawei’s first flagship of the year.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Unreal Prime Day deal gets you a MyQ smart garage opener and a $40 Amazon credit for $17
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- Robot vacuums start at $90 for Prime Day, or get a Roomba for $200
- Free money is definitely Amazon’s hottest deal of Prime Day 2021
Trending Right Now:
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This new Windows 11 feature is already making people so angry
- Strawberry Moon: How to watch the last supermoon of 2021 this week
Huawei P50 Pro launch tipped for late July in new leak originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 23:17:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.