The sooner cancer is diagnosed, the higher the chances of survival are for patients because treatment can start immediately. Doctors often look for markers that would confirm the presence of a tumor, but not all cancers are the same. Different biomarkers are used to detect different types of malignant growths in tandem with other tests to establish a correct diagnosis.
One type of tumor that’s difficult to catch early is brain cancer, as patients usually get a CT or MRI scan only after developing neurological symptoms. Doctors would recommend the scan to analyze the brain's structure, at which point they’d detect and diagnose the abnormal tissue. Once the diagnosis arrives, it might be too late for surgery to completely remove the growth. In turn, this would reduce the patient’s chances of survival.
A team of scientists from the Nagoya University set out to fix this problem and discovered a breakthrough urine test that might significantly hasten brain cancer diagnoses and save lives.
BEST PRIME DAY DEALS:
Amazon eGift Card — FREE $10 credit with coupon code GCPRIME2021
Apple AirPods Pro
Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa Voice…
iRobot Roomba i4+ (4552) Robot Vacuum with Automat…
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon just announced a ton of new deals for day 2 of Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: See hundreds of the best deals right here
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- The newest Nest Thermostat rarely goes on sale, but it’s $99.98 for Prime Day
Trending Right Now:
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- A massive ‘Loki’ spoiler might be hiding in plain sight
Breakthrough urine test can detect brain tumors early originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 14:55:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.