Of all the baffling things that have happened over the last six months, few can compete with the short squeeze of GameStop's stock at the end of January. Over the course of two weeks, the stock price of the video game retailer grew by over 1,500%, putting the short sellers in a massive bind. The price eventually dropped, but the fallout continued, as Financial Times reports that one London-based hedge fund is closing up shop after suffering losses during the stock rally earlier this year that it apparently was unable to recover from.
BEST PRIME DAY DEALS:
Amazon eGift Card — FREE $10 credit with coupon code GCPRIME2021
Apple AirPods Pro
Fire TV Stick 4K streaming device with Alexa Voice…
iRobot Roomba i4+ (4552) Robot Vacuum with Automat…
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon just announced a ton of new deals for day 2 of Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: See hundreds of the best deals right here
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- The newest Nest Thermostat rarely goes on sale, but it’s $99.98 for Prime Day
Trending Right Now:
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- A massive ‘Loki’ spoiler might be hiding in plain sight
London hedge fund that bet against GameStop just shut down for good originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 22 Jun 2021 at 16:07:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.