Apple's iPhone 12 mini, in many respects, was the exact device iPhone fans had been demanding for years. Aside from housing Apple's most advanced hardware, the iPhone 12 mini boasts a compact form factor that, for many users, is far preferable to the gargantuan iPhone models that have since become the norm. Put simply, the iPhone 12 Mini is what many people thought the iPhone SE 2 was going to be or should have been.
Since its release last November, however, iPhone 12 mini sales have reportedly been tepid at best. In fact, just three months after its release we started to see reports indicating that Apple was scaling back production amid lower than anticipated sales. And though Apple doesn't break out iPhone sales across specific models, a CIRP report from last January found that the iPhone 12 mini only accounted for 6% of iPhone sales in the weeks following its launch.
Today's Top Deals
- Amazon just announced a ton of new deals for day 2 of Prime Day
- Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: See hundreds of the best deals right here
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- The newest Nest Thermostat rarely goes on sale, but it’s $99.98 for Prime Day
Trending Right Now:
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- iPhone 13 prices might have leaked three months early