At this point, we've written so many posts about the next big stimulus benefit that millions of families across the US are poised to receive, starting three weeks from tomorrow. It's thanks to an expansion of the federal child tax credit that President Biden signed into law in March as part of the $1.9 trillion stimulus legislation known by its vague, optimistic-sounding title: The "American Rescue Plan."
Those child tax credit payments, just to quickly recap, will include a series of six monthly payments starting July 15 and running through the end of this year. They'll include either $250 or $300 for each eligible child that a family has, and then whatever amount those six checks add up to together, that same amount will also be delivered to the family next year, too, in the form of a credit when that family files its federal taxes. But here's the thing about this stimulus benefit: It's actually one of many that was included in the American Rescue Plan and which the Biden administration is trying to tee up soon, so that, essentially, a constant flow of federal benefit dollars is flowing uninterrupted to American families. Let's take a closer look at what's coming.
Today's Top Deal
Today's Top Deals
- Oops! Prime Day’s best-selling smart home gadget is still down to $17
- I’m obsessed with this Amazon gadget you’ve never heard of – and it’s only $15 for Prime Day!
- Robot vacuums start at $90 for Prime Day, or get a Roomba for $200
- Did someone forget to end these 15 epic Prime Day deals?
Trending Right Now:
- You’re about to get new $3,600 stimulus payments – and they might keep coming every year
- This mind-bending new Netflix original series is your next obsession
- This new Windows 11 feature is already making people so angry
$3,600 stimulus payments start in 3 weeks – and there’s even more on the way originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 23 Jun 2021 at 13:36:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.